List of Wallets
The following is a list of well-known wallets to support Cardano.
Note that in case of issues, usually only queries relating to official wallets can be answered in Cardano groups across telegram/forum. You may need to consult with specific wallet support teams for third party wallets.
- Its is important to ensure that you're in sole control of your wallet keys, and that the keys used can be restored via alternate wallet providers if a particular one is non-functional. Hence, put extra attention to
- The score column below is strictly a count of checks against each feature listed, the impact of specific feature (and thus, score) is up to reader's descretion.
- The table represents current state on mainnet network, any future roadmap activities are out-of-scope.
- Info on individual fields can be found towards the end of the page.
- Any field that shows partial support (eg: open-source field) does not score the point for that field.
- New additions are welcome, please click edit link and submit PRs if any of the below is found to be outdated or if a new wallet support is to be added.
|Name||Type||Score||Non-Custodial||Compatibility||Stake Control||Transparent Support||Voting||Hardware Wallet||Native Assets||dApp Integration||Stability||Testnets Support||Custom Backend Support||Single/Multi Address Mode||Mobile App||Desktop (app,extension,web)||Open Source|
|Eternl||Light||14||( ,, )|
|Typhon||Light||13||( ,, )||Partial|
|Flint||Light||11||( ,, )||Partial|
|Yoroi||Light||11||( ,, )|
|Lace||Light||11||( ,, )|
|ADAlite||Light||10||( ,, )|
|Nami||Light||10||( ,, )|
|NuFi||Light||9||( ,, )|
|Daedalus||Full||9||( ,, )|
|Gero||Light||9||( ,, )|
|LodeWallet||Light||7||( ,, )|
|Coin Wallet||Light||6||( ,, )|
|Medusav1||Light||6||( ,, )|
|⚠️⚠️⚠️1 Atomic||Light||6||( ,, )|
|Trust||Light||4||( ,, )|
|Exodus||Light||2||( ,, )|
Brief info on fields above⚓︎
- Non-Custodial: are wallets where payment as well as stake keys are not shared/reused by wallet provider, and funds can be transparently verified on explorer
- Compatibility: If the wallet mnemonics/keys can easily (for non-technical user) be used outside of specific wallet provider in major other wallets
- Stake Control: Freedom to elect stake pool for user to delegate to (in user-friendly way)
- Transparent Support: Easy approachability of a public interactive - eg: discord/telegram - group (with non-anonymous users) who can help out with support. Twitter/Email supports do not count for a check
- Voting: Ability to participate in Catalyst voting process
- Hardware Wallet: Integration with atleast Ledger Nano device
- Native Assets: Ability to view native assets that belong to wallet
- dApp Integration: Ability to interact with dApps
- Stability: represents whether there have been large number of users reporting missing tokens/balance due to wallet backend being out of sync
- Testnets Support: Ability to easily (for end-user) open wallets in atleast one of the cardano testnet networks
- Custom Backend Support: Ability to elect a custom backend URL for selecting alternate way to submit transactions transactions created on client machines
- Single/Multi Address Mode: Ability to use/import Single as well as Multiple Address modes for a wallet
- Mobile App: Availability on atleast one of the popular mobile platforms
- Desktop (app,extension,web): Ways to open wallet app on desktop PCs
- Open Source: Whether the complete wallet (all components) are open source and can be run independently.
Atomic Wallet is currently having security issues: https://twitter.com/AtomicWallet/status/1664946301815910400 ↩